Excerpts from the Administration of Muslim Law Act Republic of Singapore
LANGUAGE AND RECORD
(1) The languages of the Court shall be the national language and English.
(2) All documents and written proceedings may be written or typewritten in the national language (Jawi or Rumi script).
(3) The Court shall keep and maintain full and proper records of all proceedings therein and full and proper accounts of all financial transactions of the Court. 
ORDER OF BUSINESS AND VOTING
(1) The chairman shall determine the order of business at any meeting.
(2) The chairman may decide in what order members may address the meeting and may at any time require any member to cease addressing the meeting.
(3) The chairman shall be entitled to vote and if upon any resolution there is an equality of votes the chairman shall have a casting vote.
(4) The proceedings of the Majlis shall be conducted in the national language or in English.
Note: We acknowledge with thanks data from the Ministry of Information and the Arts, Singapore.